Thank you to everyone who signed up to participate in the first quarter Prayer Exchange!
It’s now time to sign up for our second round. Signups are open between between May 1 and May 15 for our June/July Prayer Exchange.
We are eager to join together in prayer during this year of virtual fellowship. To that end, we have decided to offer a Prayer Exchange throughout the year. Unlike a prayer chain, that circles through an entire group, the Prayer Exchange will allow women to connect one on one in a casual but meaningful way. Here are some details:
What: A gift exchange in which the gift is prayer
Where: In the presence of the Lord
When: April, June, August & October 2021
Who: Retreat attendees interested in praying for a sister in Christ also attending the 2021 virtual retreat
Why: To generate inter-church sisterly connections in the Southern California OPC Presbytery via the power of prayer. This will help connect us Till We Meet Again!
* Interested participants are asked to sign up (separately from retreat registration) to opt into this event. See the registration form below.
* Sign-ups will occur the month before each virtual prayer exchange is scheduled to begin. Partners will be randomly assigned and communicated before the beginning of each prayer month.
* You may choose to send your gift exchange recipient greeting cards or small gifts if you so desire, but this is not required or expected.
* You will be given your gift exchange recipient’s starting prayer requests but you may choose to also reach out to your giftee to establish a friendly relationship.
* You may also choose to quietly pray for your gift recipient without checking in or revealing yourself.
Pray Paul’s Prayers
Anytime you want to intercede for a brother or sister in Christ, you can never go wrong praying the words of Scripture. Look to Paul’s inspiration when he prayed for other Christians. It is always good to pray, for example, that others would have…
“…the eyes of [their] your hearts enlightened, that [they] may know what is the hope to which he has called [them], what are the riches of his glorious inheritance in the saints, and what is the immeasurable greatness of his power toward us who believe, according to the working of his great might that he worked in Christ when he raised him from the dead and seated him at his right hand in the heavenly places” (Eph1:18-20).
I look forward to praying with you ladies!
Registration for the June Prayer Exchange will be open from May 1st – May 15th